- Implement and publish company-specific goals to recruit, retain, and advance diverse technology talent, and operationalize concrete measures to create and sustain an inclusive culture
- Annually publish data and progress metrics on the diversity of our technology workforce across functional areas and seniority levels.
- Invest in partnerships to build a diverse pipeline of technology talent to increase our ability to recognize, develop and support talent from all backgrounds.
Joining this initiative is the right thing to do. Building a diverse workforce is critical to our company and product’s success.
Our mission at Color is to democratize access to high-quality genetic information for everyone. Earlier access to genetic information is empowering to individuals and families, who can better understand their hereditary risk of developing cancer and ultimately live healthier and better lives. Cancer is a leading cause of death for people worldwide and the largest cause of death for Americans. Cancer touches all of us, and we want to build a team that understands and reflects the people we serve.
We’re off to a good start on diversity and inclusion. In fact, today:
- 50% of our employees are women (a goal we reached from our pledge last year).
- Our engineering and product teams are 22% women, our lab is 55% and our science team is 67%.
- Roughly a third of Color’s individual investors are women and 78% of our advisors and collaborators are women, including renowned geneticist and professor Dr. Mary Claire King who discovered the BRCA1 gene.
- Our employees speak 17 languages, including Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Hindi, Urdu and Somali.
- We come from medical, engineering, product, design and business backgrounds with a single purpose: helping people improve their lives with actionable genetic data.
While we’re off to a strong start, there is more we can do to build a diverse culture. We are committed to being transparent about our progress and have made diversity a top management priority. If you share our passion and mission to improve access to important health information for everyone, please join us!