COVID-19 Informed Consent
< لقراءة هذا باللغة العربية ، انقر هنا
- The test detects if you have SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) at the time of the test only. It does not test for immunity or if you had the virus in the past. More details about the Covid-19 Test, including the Patient Fact Sheet, are available at https://www.color.com/covid19-details.
- Your specimen may be collected via nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swabs, administered by a third party subcontracted service. The most common risks associated with such collections are mild pain or discomfort, a little gagging, or a minor nosebleed.
- If your results are positive, please contact a doctor immediately. Only a doctor can give you a diagnosis. They can also provide information on how to care for yourself and to help protect others from infection.
- Negative results mean that the virus was not detected. If you’re feeling symptoms, contact a doctor and ask whether you should be retested because:
- You may have contracted the virus after your test.
- Your test may have been a false negative. False negatives occur because the tests are not perfectly accurate.
- Color does not give medical advice or provide medical care. Follow up with your doctor about your results. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
- Your information and results will be shared with your ordering provider and, when required by law, with certain federal, state, or local agencies for public health purposes.
- After the test is complete, de-identified specimens and data may be used for COVID-19-related quality assurance, validation and laboratory testing development.
- If you are being offered the COVID-19 test as part of a program sponsored by an organization (e.g., school, employer, etc.), such organization shall be referred to herein as the “COVID-19 Testing Program Sponsor,” and the following may also apply:
- By providing your consent, you are agreeing for these terms to apply each time you receive a COVID-19 test through your COVID-19 Testing Program Sponsor’s program, on such recurring basis as will be communicated to you by your COVID-19 Testing Program Sponsor (directly or through Color), for six (6) months following the date that you provide this consent;
- If you wish to revoke your consent at any time over the six-month period that it is in effect, prior to receiving a COVID-19 test during your COVID-19 Testing Program Sponsor’s program, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note though that you will be unable to participate in testing with the program if you revoke your consent, and any revocation will not apply to testing received under the program prior to Color processing your revocation request.
Last updated: January 27, 2021