Color Science: We’re experts in genetics, so you don’t have to beBuy Color
Our state-of-the art genomics lab is optimized
for efficiency and accuracy
By combining lab automation and custom software with a deep knowledge of science, we offer one of the most accessible, clinical-grade genetic services available today.
clinical tests scientifically validated
10+ issued patents
covering our proprietary technology
by World Economic Forum as a technology pioneer
10-15% of most cancers are due to genetic mutations, or changes, that are passed down from parents.1, 2, 3, 4
- Genetic mutations can greatly increase your risk for developing cancer.
- For example, a BRCA1 mutation can increase a woman’s chance of breast cancer up to 81% by age 80.5
- Color selected 30 genes strongly linked to the 8 most common hereditary cancers.
Most cases of heart disease are due to a combination of lifestyle choices, but some are due to genetics.
- Many people with genetic heart conditions often don’t experience symptoms and don’t know they’re at risk.
- 1 in 50 adults with high cholesterol have a different, genetic form that doesn’t respond as much to eating healthy or exercise.6
- Color includes 30 genes that were recognized by the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics as having actionable treatment plans.*
When you take a medication, your response is influenced by many factors including genetics.
- Factors like body size, other medications, and health history along with your genes can all impact how your body metabolizes certain medications.
- Color has selected genes that can influence how the body processes certain commonly prescribed medications.7
- Always talk to your doctor before making changes to your medications.
Be confident you’re getting the whole BRCA
Imagine that each gene is like a book. You need to read the whole book to know the story. For the
genes in Color’s panel, you’re reading more than just a few pages.
Don’t settle for just a few pages.
For example, recreational tests only look at 3 pages of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 “books”, giving you an incomplete picture.
Color looks at the whole “book” for these 2 genes, covering all of their 10,000+ known pages.
Get the same science used to power ground-breaking research
USCF / WISDOM
screening more effective by studying
SU2C / MAGENTA
risk women by increasing access to genetic testing.
UW / GENTleMEN
Take a look at some of the science we’ve published with leading researchers
How we use machine learning to lower the cost of genetic testing while maintaining the high clinical-quality standard
van den Akker et al. (2018) BMC Genomics
Expanding genetic testing among women with high-risk of breast and ovarian cancer beyond BRCA1 and BRCA2
Crawford et al. (2017) Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
Our innovative, low-cost Family Testing Program is effective for testing relatives of people with mutations
Caswell-Jin et al. (2018) Journal of the National Cancer Institute
Ziden et al. (2016) Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
Ready to purchase Color?
Get to know what your genes say about your risk for common hereditary cancers and heart conditions, plus medication responses.Buy Color
* Risk information and screening guidelines in results are typically based on studies of individuals with a family history of the disorder being discussed. Medical management should be considered also taking into account on your personal and family history.